Is skilled touch that eases distress in people with dementia AND their care-partners. This practical, evidence-informed approach literally puts in your hands a non-pharmacological solution that:
- Is Feasible: Uses existing resources | Easy to learn | Practicality ensures sustainability
- Is Effective: Decreases anxiety | Promotes sleep | Eases pain | Builds trust in caregivers | Provides a non-pharmacological prevention strategy for behavioral symptoms
- Facilitates Staff Satisfaction: Reduces job burnout | Builds strong relationships | Aligns with person-centered care practices
- Encourages Family Engagement: Provides a means for family to calm, comfort and support their loved one | Enhances the family’s experience as a member of the care-team
- Strengthens Marketability with a unique program for community outreach | Sets your organization apart | Demonstrates commitment to culture change
Become a Compassionate Touch® Certified OrganizationStep One: Compassionate Touch® Coach Training
- Upon completion of this six-hour workshop, attendees are designated as a Compassionate Touch® Coaches and authorized to teach fellow staff members and conduct community outreach presentations.
- We license your organization to use the Compassionate Touch® branded program and materials for one year with annual renewal.
- We provide on-going support for Coaches throughout the license period
This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 6 clock hours and 6 participant hours.
This training may satisfy requirements by many national and state licensing boards and professional organizations. For rules governing continuing education credits, participants should contact their respective regulatory boards. Contact your board or organization for filing requirements.